Did anyone notice?
My blog has been down for over a week. I'm not 100% sure how I coped but I did learn a few lessons along the way....
1. Paying for your domain name does not mean that it will work on its own.
2. You do need a DNS provider to host your domain.
3. I was indeed over paying for a bunch of useless services that I did not need.
4. This should have happened when I was writing assignments NOT after I had finished.
In other news - I have FREAKING FINISHED UNI FOREVER!!!!
I received one of the most fantastic compliments from a lecturer on a piece of art work I submitted which made me more than a little chuffed. Some points about schooling....
1. I am now a qualified visual arts secondary teacher.
2. Any schooling does not prepare you for working in the real world.
3. After you finish school the "I should be studying" guilt does not automatically disapear.
4. After you finish studying other lurking worries that had been ignored suddenly start to wake you up at stupid o'clock.
5. I need to find a job.
I am fighting the urge to not find things to fill up this extra time with a new project or hobby... its tough to just try to do nothing. I think its time to do up one of my caravans....
*The pictures are of the work that I received a fantastic compliment on.
Mixed media on paper. Mono print, paint, collage, fine liner, sewing.
The concept is a reinterpreted landscape with the themes of "Ugly and Beautiful". The work is about creating layers, little moments of happenings inside the artwork. Creating spaces in which the elements can bounce off each other. Little worlds of inter lapping layers and moments reacting. Funnily enough my inspiration comes from blog land xxx*