I recovered the original pale yellow and dated kitchen blind. I took down the old blind and scrubbed it with a broom, some bleach and dish washing liquid. I then rinsed the blind with the hose and let it dry in the sun.
I sprayed the blind with spray adhesive and pressed the prepared fabric straight on to it, working in small patches and stretching the fabric as I went. I used lace on the edge and let it over hang the edge of the blind a little. I used two cans of adhesive and really could have done with a bit more.
I didn't pay attention when taking the blind down (...ok I dropped it before I could see how it worked) and had a few issues getting it back up. The final result was 'ok' .. not bad.. not perfect. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts for. *
I really love this no studying thing ...like really love. I feel like I am on holiday but at home where all my craft notions are, it's wonderful. On the weekend we drank wine and toasted marshmallows on a bonfire, I'm not completely convinced this isn't a summer camp of some kind.
I hope you are all enjoying these days as much as I am.
*NB I really want to paint this wall white now.